Interlock System....nightmare

So this is the fun part, you HAVE to get your interlock system put in your car 7 days from you signing your DIVERT papers. This cost alot and its a pain in the ass, it will take them 3 hours to install the device so be sure that you have someone to come pick you up and hang out for that time or else you will be standing around annoyed.

The interlock system goes as follows (just a note, I hate this thing more than anything I could possibly imagine).....To start your vehicle, you must press the button on the device, you then hear a loud alarm (so loud it will make you jump every time it goes off), then the device will tell you its clearing and then tell you to blow, you need to blow hard into the device for 4 beeps then inhale for 2 then blow again for 3, the device will vibrate and tell you if you passed or failed. You can then start the car.

Next, 5 minutes into your drive you will have the alarm go off again (I've almost had several accidents due to this "rolling test") and you have to do the same exact thing as above, but while trying to drive your vehicle. Now I am not a genius but if we are not able to talk or text on a cell phone while driving, what smart person decided that trying to read and blow into this thing was safe? I am not lying when I say that if I do not have a serious accident within the next 6 months from this thing I will be shocked.

You will have to blow after this every 20-40 minutes. If you stop the car/engine the device gives you 1 min and 55 seconds to do what you need to do and start the car again, otherwise you start the whole process over again. Its very much like groundhogs day. You will learn to despise this thing as much as I do. Trust me.

Comments

  1. As far as the wait time, my advice is to bring reading material or puzzles or something similar to all situations you will find yourself in during this time. Not just the interlock installation, but interviews, probation officer visits, etc. You will be doing an awful lot of waiting.
    B

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts