DIVERT Orientation 6pm..DO NOT BE LATE

DIVERT orientation starts at 6pm in the criminal court building. Do not be late, the Assitant DA is not tolerant of those being late to this orientation and trust me you do not want to piss this person off. So I enter the room, and it is packed full of people. Everyone there is well dressed and pleasant, lots of Coach, and Gucci purses....strange right? Anyway, so it starts out a bit chaotic, people are asking alot of questions etc. I just want to get in and out, I do not want to hang around and hear everyones questions about "Can I have wine in my house if its my wifes?", seriously, what is this question? Do you really think the DA is going to come to your house and search your fridge? So the orientation goes as follows, the DA tells you what you cant do and if you fuck up she will put you in jail. You are then assigned a probation officer, oh wait, I wasnt assigned one....why you ask? because the system sucks and they are completely overwhelemed with the paperwork that they have to deal with and people like me slip through the cracks. P.S. two weeks later I still do not have a probation officer.
The meeting ends and everyone leave their monthly probation sheet (which you must turn in at your monthly meeting with your PO) and you are on your way. Its alot of driving from courthouse to courthouse, paying fines, and waiting. Not fun.

Comments

Popular Posts