High standards do not apply

I have come to the conclusion that when dealing with the US Government and those employed in such positions, the person on the receiving end should throw any standards they might have out the window. Being an employee of the city of Houston does not require high, medium, or low standards of conduct, morality, or empathy for other human beings. Having this knowledge and accepting these facts makes me more comfortable when being ridiculed by the person on the side of the glass with a less than grade level vocabulary. I feel all fuzzy and warm inside when I hand over my $200.00 dollars while the snarling individual snatches it out of my hand and grunts something inaudible in order to make my morning that much brighter. Yes, I am speaking of the lovely probation department that I have the pleasure of attending once a month. Peeing in a cup and handing over money....wait aren't I supposed to be paid for this?? My tail between my legs waiting for the lashing I will inevitably receive no matter how perfect and shiny I have been this past month. This my friends is nothing compared to my nemesis "the interlock", but I must admit its better than jail.....although I hear they have internet, cable, and 45 minutes of "free play" daily :) Around every corner an exciting and new experience. Yippee.

Comments

  1. My probation officer will not accept emails, only faxes!
    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the most rediculous thing I have ever heard!!! Is that person on crack or just stuck in the 1980;s?? No email?? WOw, honestly I would report them to their supervisor....that's making your life a bit irritating for no rational reason.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts