Acceptance to DIVERT go get your ID!!!

After being "accepted" into the DIVERT program, you will go to court and sign your papers in front of the judge. He will then tell you that you must comply and at the end of the year your DWI offense will be dismissed....good luck, go on your way. The next step is to get your offender ID card. You have to go to 49 San Jacinto and deal with the seriously unpleasant people who work for the lovely city of Houston. If you have never committed a crime in your life, like myself, you are unaware of the assholesness of the people who work for the city. Moving up to the 4th floor there are several very confusin signs that tell you to go here and there but never specifically tell you WHERE to go to get your ID card. So the sign that tells you to go to the room 411 where when entering there is a huge green sign that says "go back to the elevator and sign in at the glass window"...wait, didnt I just come from there?. This system feels like it is supposed to make you angry and give you anxiety. I digress, back to the ID, you go into the room and wait, and wait, and wait. The then VERY angry woman in the room calls your name. I walk in and very politely wait for her to ask me for my paperwork, this was my view of the situation. She looks over at me and yells with a stern look on her face, "The front of my desk is here, I do not work to the side of my desk, do you understand anything!!!!!!!!!!!". WOW, I dont think anyone has ever spoken to me in that tone, Brava for being the first. So I move to the front of her desk and in my sweetest southern accent say, "Yes, maam.". She then asks me to move to the blue tape and take my picture, I then smile the largest possible grin I can get out, just to give her a little bit of a nudge. Thats just the way I get back at people who have no right to treat others with such disrespect. The woman then continued to bash each and every person who came into the room. Damn, now I dont feel special. This is the easy part of the process...you then leave and get ready for your orientation at 6pm in the evening at the same court house you were in for 4 hours that day. Life is good.

Comments

Popular Posts