Divert: Working, and family

Let's get into the real reason that this program is somewhat of a hassle....First you have to take off of work several times a month to either get your interlock installed, have the interlock recalibrated, meet with your probation officer, sign up for community service, or go to a substance abuse class. Luckily, I am not required to attend the substance abuse class. I have never had a drug problem and the night I was arrested was a completely random evening, that does not happen nor will ever again (i assure you this is the truth). All of these assignments by the DIVERT officials takes time and costs money. The fees alone will dig a deep hole in your wallet and then the time off to boot will give your nerves a shock when trying to explain to your boss that you have ANOTHER doctors appointment. Your work place will either think you are dying of some rare condition or secretly interviewing for another career. Being honest is probably your best bet in this situation, if you feel weary of your manager then possibly you should keep it under wraps until it gets to the point where you absolutely have to sing.
My family members have been very supportive, my oldest daughter understands that actions have consequences and luckily she has learned that when you break the law, you have to pay. The interlock system bothers her the most, because its loud and its a continuous thing that I have to do. I also realize that she is a bit upset by the fact that I have to do all of this since I really have never done anything wrong in the past. But like I said, it only takes once. So instead of beating yourself up its easier to make a life change or make it fun. We have decided to decorate the interlock with a cover, preferably a zebra print or something that resembles Louis Vuitton...I'm working on a patent for this since I think it will be the absolute necessity in the future....they will be flying off the shelves. I opted out of the bedazzling since I thought that might reflect light and blind someone in a nearby vehicle. Thats all I need, another citation.
Family and friends get it, they have all been there and hopefully will learn the lesson from watching you suffer...hey someone has to be the scapegoat here.Until next time.

Comments

Popular Posts