Some days on DIVERT there really is a silver lining.....

Today was another day at the Spay and Neuter clinic...this day I decided I would only do 4 hours, since the last 8 almost killed me. I woke this morning, went to my mother's house, had a pleasant cup of morning coffee and made my way over to the clinic. I arrived at 8:30 (we are supposed to only sign in at 9am), the gentleman at the front (Dennis) greeted me and signed me in promptly at 8:30am.....this is turning out to be a pretty decent morning. I walked to the back where the surgical area is and met my other community service friends, and started my morning working on my chores. Ms. Mona, the most pleasant of the vet techs, asked me to help her in the cleaning area...I of course was extremely happy about this because its the best out of the way and busiest of the areas to work in. My duty was to clean the surgical instruments, while this is a bloody job and a bit nauseating, I have found out that I definitely do not want to work anywhere near blood, or body parts that are being cut open, or around anything that might be part of a body that has blood or any insides of anything that resembles blood or flesh. Anyway, the morning flew by and before I knew it I was out of there....only 4 more hours to go next time...yeay!!
After I got home there was a letter in my mailbox from my attorney....the dreaded hearing to see if my license was going to be suspended was last week. I opened the letter and to my shocking surprise my license was NOT suspended....I can now go down to the DPS next week and get my license back...YEAY ME!!!! Thank you karma, I love you.
SO the only thing weighing on my little brain is my hair follicle results...I'm hoping that poppy seed muffin I ate a couple of months ago doesn't come back to haunt me :S

p.s. The attached photo is of a note I found while unwrapping syringes at the clinic today...I spilled the bowl of needles and this fell out....hilarious and I am sure it is something that has gone through the mind of each and every community service probationer at one time....I love that I find these little humorous tid bits...really does make my day :)


Cheers :)

Comments

Popular Posts