No Poppin' bottles???......

This morning was my last PO appointment. Other than the major traffic accident, and rubber neckers trying to deter me from being on time, all went fairly smooth. I checked in as usual with the nice gentleman at the front desk, and waited my usual 15 -20 minutes for my PO to call me in, she's always late so at this point I'm used to it. She was actually chipper this morning, asking me how I was doing..., "Have you used any drugs or alcohol since our last meeting? Have you had any law violations or been incarcerated?" ....yup that's the light airy conversation we have every month. My stock answer..."No."
She then proceeded to tell me that she would be submitting her final report today for my dismissal on May 25th letting the court know that I lived up to my obligations of the DIVERT program and probation. Her last comment was, "Everything about the program stays the same until the 25th, so don't go out and celebrate early."  Darn, so I guess that bottle of champagne I had chilling in the car is going to have to wait...:S
I don't think I look stupid, but perhaps my ego is just a bit naive.
After our short conversation, she said good luck and stay well. No hugs, kisses?:(
I proceeded out to the waiting area for my last UA (urine analysis). Thinking I forgot my id I frantically poured all the contents of my purse onto the seat next to me and check it all four times until I finally found my drivers license.....knowing the rest of the probationers were looking at me thinking "poor crackhead." I didn't care....in 10 more minutes I would be gone from this nightmare of a place forever.
Long story short, pee in cup and I was out of there.....happy :)
I've looked forward to many days in my life but May 25th 2012 is going to go down in my book as one of the best.....more ways than one. :)

Yeay, done!!!!

Comments

  1. I am a 22 year old (apparently alcoholic) single mom who just signed my divert papers today. Thank god my mom sent me the link to your blog, I'll be having one up shortly.. Congrats on doing so well! I'm hoping for the same :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad it helps, def read the earlier posts for information....write a blog or a journal if you get the chance, when you look back you Wong believe some of the things that happen. I wish you the best of luck!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today was my last PO visit and she was very cheery also...wonder if we had the same PO?? Of course she said the same thing....no violations, you are into the last 30 days. Good luck, have a nice life and go pee in a cup.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts