356.....9 to go ;-)

I have been on this program for 356 days.....I will say this that if you can get through the 6 months of interlock and the system scaring the shit out of you, you are golden. There are moments when its is absolutely too much to handle, but if you think...its only a year...you will be better off. Luckily, I had someone telling me to think positive 98% of the time (which pissed me off in the beginning)....but it does work. The Harris county DA and the court system will try their hardest to make you believe that you are less than human....you are not, never let that deter you from getting through this awful asinine program. I may sound harsh....but I still believe that it is unfair to put a first time offender on a recovery program that does not allow deferred adjudication. The county and courts need to get their shit straight and not continue to try and gouge the people who work, pay taxes, and are law abiding other than this first time offense. I would love to tell the judge exactly how I feel and how the program is unjust....but unfortunately I would most likely go to jail for contempt or have another year set on my record. No thanks!!!! For those who are just getting on the program, please read the beginning posts and it should help you be aware of what is going to happen and possibly help with keeping your license etc. Good luck and stay positive!! :)

Comments

  1. Hi LifeLesson1,

    What a wonderful thing you have done in creating this blog. I wish I came across this before getting an expensive lawyer. This is indeed the most vindictive program for 1st time offenders but your advice will be most helpful in getting me through it.

    I hope to start the Divert in Dec. and am really looking forward to getting whatever Interlock device out of my car in 6 months if I get a good PO. Thanks again for advice and constant updates. You are a blessing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts