......anticipating the end....

Almost a year in to the life changing experience, and I have 2-1/2 months to go until the judge dismisses my charges :) Big YEAY!!! I have had a pretty relaxing couple of months as far as probation is concerned. I was called in after New Years for a drug test....big surprise. Annoyed yet understanding, I went down there at 7:30 am, waited patiently (chuckle) and was free to go. Luckily I have been on mail in PO meetings so I havent had to actually go in every month, but with the drug test in January it was basically the same deal. This week I have to attend a mtg with my PO...I believe this is the last time. Since I only have less than 2 months to go, and I mail in every other month, I dont see the point of having to actually see her in May.....but since the system is so completely F`~up....my guess is as good as anyone else's.

Its a bit shocking to know that its almost over. I feel like I was just getting this started and its been a year....I actually complained for an entire year......that's a record in my book. This is possibly why I dont have as many friends as I did last year....or the fact that the drinking is non-existant....probably both. Oh well, not really too sad about that. ;-)

The interesting thing about this entire ordeal is the way I approach people about drinking and driving now....I never thought it was a big issue or any issue at all before....but now I am a drunk drivers worst nightmare.....when I start the story they are pretty much sober by the time I'm finished. I am obviously not perfect and don't pretend to be, but if this can prevent anyone from going through this shit I will be delighted to scare the hell out of them anyday....just here to help :)

Anyway, its almost done....a couple more months and I will be completely free from the Harris County judicial system......I think I'll celebrate with a Latte :)

<3

Comments

  1. I appreciate you Posting this blog! It has been useful! I was so blind going into this and this has been helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and it's hilarious!! Thanks for the laughs!! I can totally relate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem, please let me know if you need more info etc. Hang in there it will go fast once your past all the B.S.!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They never ask for my hair follicle test and they didnt remove my breathalyzer after 6 month :( Do you know if they did that test to other people? should I be worried?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only reason for the hair follicle is if you leave the country for any reason...vacation etc. Your interlock should be off, speak to your PO or lawyer. If you have had no violations and are complying there should not be a problem. Definitely ask to have it removed and see if you can do mail in appointments.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts